How to Use Homeopathic & Herbal Remedies
To get the best results from our remedies we recommend you follow the rules and guidelines mentioned below. For specific instructions on dosage contact us or speak to your Homeopathic or Herbal practitioner.
These will be in one of four forms. The most common is small Sucrose (sugar) Pilules, other forms are larger Lactose Tablets, Sucrose Granules or a Liquid base.
Three important rules:
- Don’t touch the Pilules, Tablets or Granules
If you touch them the oils on your hands will affect the remedy and can stop it working. The best way to take them is to tip one into the lid and then tip it into your mouth. The Granules can be taken in the same way but one dose would approximately enough Granules to cover the base of the lid.
- Avoid certain substances
Coffee including decaffeinated), Mint, Menthol, Camphor, Eucalyptus and other similar strong smelling substances will easily upset the ‘fine tuning’ of Homeopathic remedies and can greatly affect their impact. Try to totally avoid these substances, including Mint toothpaste, while taking Homeopathic remedies.
- Leave a gap before and after each dose
By ensuring you have nothing to eat or drink, not smoking or brushing your teeth at least ten minutes before and after using a remedy you prevent anything for dampening its effect. As a general rule, when you are taking a Homeopathic remedy frequently, it is better not to miss a dose than to worry excessively about leaving this gap.
These are a Liquid and are usually available in a 25ml Bottle with a pipette. The same instructions as above apply. When taken try not to swallow it immediately, instead allow it to be absorbed into your mouth for greatest effect.
Formulas and Herbal Tinctures
Liquid remedies, usually in a 200ml bottle
- Yes, they do taste bad. No, there’s nothing we can do about it. You can have a drink of water or other cold drink afterwards to take the taste away if needed.
- Mix each dose with water before use. A small wine glass is about the right amount of water.
- Multiple Tinctures and Formulas can be mixed together to make it easier to take, but we recommend that you increase to amount of water too.
- If your stomach is sensitive to the formulas stop taking them for 48hrs then resume with a smaller amount at the recommended frequency.
Creams and Ointments
The way that our creams are best applied and used depends on what they are being used for but the following is a general guideline.
- Ensure you have clean hands before applying.
- Do not apply to sore or broken skin unless it is specifically for this purpose
- Apply enough to cover the affected area sufficiently.
- Massage into affected area and leave a small amount on the surface to be absorbed in.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest.
Ideally all other medication should be avoided as much as possible, but - and we can’t emphasise this enough - Don’t just stop taking any prescribed medicine; to terminate their use, especially abruptly, can be hazardous. You may wish to enlist your GP’s help with gradual withdrawal form your current medication.
All medicines should be stored in their original containers with the lids securely in place. Keep out of direct sunlight, away from extremes of temperature and away from strong smells, this especially applies to all Homeopathic Remedies and Tinctures